Wednesday 23 September 2009

Not a Christmas card


I feel that all I'm making is Christmas cards. So when I was asked to make a Wedding card with a Scottish theme, I jumped a the chance for a change. I decided to keep it simple for a change. I don't know if it is what they are looking for - but I'm liking the simplicity of it. I embossed some white card with the Swiss dots Cuttlebug embossing folder and mounted onto some silver card. I took a tall card (another change for me) and put it on that. And for me - a Scottish theme wouldn't be complete without a bit of Tartan ribbon. I have also used the Quickutz horse shoe die, a double heart charm and 3 wee heart rhinestones. I printed out the text and then stamped the Thistle above it. The Thistle stamp is from Heritage Rubber Stamp Co, I think. This is one from the beginning of my stamping obsession. I liked it, but couldn't really use it. I was strictly a black ink pad onto stamp person. But as I progressed and came across the colouring in the stamp (yeah I know - pretty slow aren't I) and this stamp was reborn - I LOVE it.

No comments:

Post a Comment